Feb 18, 2010

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks to all the friends who showed up at the airport - we were so surprised to find out how many have been following the blog for 2 years. You all are great!

Elder Nowland and His Friends

Elder Nowland and His Friends
We've Been waiting for you.

04 September 2008

8 September 2008

Hello family, im glad that im able to write today because a lot happened, most of which is in the voice file but here are some of the things i told president:

I think this week has been one of the most successful weeks of my mission but I truly feel like it has been the most stressful and difficult to date as well. We worked so hard this week, and with that I am very satisfied and pleased. Our aim has been to meet all the standards of excellence in an attempt to start raising the levels of success that we can have as a companionship but also to raise the success that we can have as missionaries in general that are in this mission. I know that it is possible for the number of lessons taught a week, the number of baptisms a transfer, for these things to go up. But I have come to the realization that these things will only begin to go up as the level of our individual conversion goes up. I realized this week that I am not as converted to this gospel as I should be and can be. By that I mean that I still need to increase my understanding of key principles of the gospel. The main one that I feel I need to increase my understanding on right now is the Atonement, and its affect on my life. I truly feel that as missionaries and all of mankind begins to understand the atonement better and how it helps each of us individually, that there will burn a fire within, and not just a fire of heat but a fire of unquenchable light. I believe that we can culminate within ourselves a fire so bright that no darkness can over take it and no spirit can doubt its truthfulness. I know that, that is what Christ had within himself, that is what the prophets have, and the apostles, and the wonderful men and women have that lead and guide this church. So I am on a journey to find that fire of unquenchable light. I think Sister Slovacek hit it right on the head, it's that 220 volts. I need to plug myself into that 220 volt socket.
Wonderful things happened this week. We had a final prep meeting with Mila for her baptism. And then on Sunday she had her interview and passed and we are now planning for her baptism, it is going to be so amazing! Vladimir and her will be able to have an eternal marriage in the temple! What a great blessing for them. (she asked Morgan to baptize her - he told us this in his voice file, he is a little nervous but extremely humbled and honored that she asked him)
It has truly been a wonderful week. It took a lot of hardships to get there. As I reflect back on this week I see the blessings that come from the test of our faith. The Lord will give blessings to those who are faithful and endure to the end. I know God lives and watches over us. What a great time to be a missionary.

Questions and such:

1. Did you get your package yet? yes i did Woop Woop! thank you for that. i am most appreciative. The shirts and food are awesome! and so is the cook book.

ok and you all have been asking what i would like for my birthday and such. Something i realized i could use is a small desk calendar that i could use for planning and such. something big enough to write in and look at. but also compact enough so it can set on my desk, so i dont have to hang it on the wall or anything, that would be really nice. it doesnt have to be fancy, just functional.

The main thing that i would really like to have is the czech triple combination made smaller. We have the averagely large size triple but it is a little too big to carry everywhere. I have heard that it can be done, that some businesses can shrink down the page size and then bind it for you but i havent taken the step to do it just yet. I havent looked into the price but it would probably one of the greatest souveniers i could have from my mission. I would like to do it sooner than later because i would like to study from it and mark it up and stuff so im going to look into it here if you want to look into it there that would be great. i have talked to a lot of people about it and they said i could do it as long as i dont try and sell it. Which i wouldnt so that is what i would like to do.

I love you so much, i didnt respond to whitney yet because i ran out of time but ill get to it next week. take care Family

you one and only missionary son,
Morgan