Feb 18, 2010

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks to all the friends who showed up at the airport - we were so surprised to find out how many have been following the blog for 2 years. You all are great!

Elder Nowland and His Friends

Elder Nowland and His Friends
We've Been waiting for you.

20 July 2008

14 July 2008

Hey family i love you all soo much and am soo happy to hear that you all are having so much success with missionary work. It makes me very pleased as your son. I would love to see the changes dad made in the theatre and to see a picture of your bedroom looking from the inside out through the new door.

It has been an eventful week, and I really feel like Elder Chambers and I were able to have success in our week. We made contact with a wonderful young man this week,his czech name is Karel and he is such a humble guy. he is originally from Taiwan but is going to be living in the Czech Republic for the next 2 years going to med school. We taught him the first lesson and really saw his countenance change as he watched the Joseph Smith story, he is so ready for the gospel in his life, his family is Buddhist but he said he did not feel in his heart that Buddhism was true and so he became Christian. He said that he had never heard about Joseph Smith or our religion before but said after our meeting that he has never felt how he was feeling before. We told him he was feeling the spirit and then he told us that, at that moment he was the happiest he has ever been. I know he will get baptized and be able to carry the gospel on to his family. I look forward to what we have to teach him.

Here are the questions:

1. Do you need anything? umm not that i can think of, i want to start losing weight so im going to go looking for some protein or protein bars, dont spend too much on me for my birthday because i can buy stuff here that i will want, if that is ok?

Things are going really well here for me im really enjoying myself. Life is really taking on a new outlook, Im feeling so much more peace and am able to really recognize the spirit a lot better. Im changing little by little for the better! It is exciting!

I hope the missionary work pushes forward there in georgia for you all, it sounds like things are really picking up. I pray for you all every night. I love you sooo much.....it is wild to think im so far away from...but i love it...i couldnt have asked for a better blessing for my life right now.

Take care stay happy, dont get too stressed about the wedding, it should be a happy time, allow the lord to help prepare the way for things to fall into place.

Love eternally, your son