Feb 18, 2010

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks to all the friends who showed up at the airport - we were so surprised to find out how many have been following the blog for 2 years. You all are great!

Elder Nowland and His Friends

Elder Nowland and His Friends
We've Been waiting for you.

08 June 2009

8 June 2009

Well everyone hold onto to your seats because i have no idea what President Slovacek was thinking when he asked me to come serve with him as an Assistant to the President!!!! OHHH MY GOODNESS!!!!! I'm going to be serving with Elder Guzy. Elder Guzy and i were both trained by the same missionary Elder Turner. I'm am so blown away right now, i dont really know what to think. it really hasnt even hit me completely yet that the work im going to be doing is going to have a whole different feel. I have to be packed by today and ready to move into the AP apartment by 6 o'clock this evening to start being trained and to prepare to go pick up the new missionaries at the airport tomorrow morning! Me an Assistant To President! I am going to need a lot more prayers to be able to perform as the Lord would have me. Faith and Prayer are going to become a much larger part of my Everyday! routine. Im very nervous but it is going to be a very humbling experience for me. I know that the Lord has a lot of faith in me, so now its my task to have even more faith in Him. I really feel like i am going to be growing a lot stronger spiritually from this new calling. Working side by side with President Slovacek is going to teach me so much about how to serve more strongly in a spiritual capacity as well as in a temporal capacity. It gives me a lot of strength to know that i having a loving family that is going to be supporting me all along the way. You all are absolutely amazing, and it is because of you and the exemplary way that you raised me that i have been able to progress like this in my life. I really truly mean it when i say that i would never wish for any other family. The Lord our God has smiled upon us and showered down blessings upon our family because of foundations of righteousness and righteous living. I really do know that obedience is one of the great laws that governs heaven and earth. I know that God is our Father., and that because of that relationship he gives unto us everything according to our obedience. Mom, Dad, i am so thankful for the righteous ways that you lived your lives before our family was formed, because i know that it is because of your individual righteousness that you two were blessed with a great gift of the spirit which is the gift of being a righteous example for your children. You both have a great gift for being able to teach the youth of this world, starting with your children. I will never be able to repay you for the lessons that you have taught me and the way that you raised me. My faith is grwing so much stronger and stronger. Im really excited for this new step. Pray for me. Take care of yourselves.
All of my love,
your son and missionary,
Starsi Morgan Nowland