Feb 18, 2010

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks to all the friends who showed up at the airport - we were so surprised to find out how many have been following the blog for 2 years. You all are great!

Elder Nowland and His Friends

Elder Nowland and His Friends
We've Been waiting for you.

30 March 2009

30 March 2009

Nedokazu si predstavit kolik zabavy mate! I can’t imagine how much fun you all are having. Thanks a ton for sending me the pictures of the house. I have felt pretty homeless not knowing what my home even looks like. (Moms note: we sold our previous home and are temporarily in another home while we build a new smaller one for us empty-nesters).

I really hope that the pass along card activity goes over well. That seems like it would be a lot of fun. I guess it all depends how you look at it but it would be a lot of fun to be able to accept the challenge and then to accomplish it. Good idea. I would like to thank you both for the letters that you sent, I really needed to hear about just committing oneself 100% to the work and then seeing how that Lord blesses us. I know that I’m not perfect, and even when we are having success here, there are days that I lose that 100% commitment. I know that it works, all a person has to do is try something and they will see if it works or not.
We had a really neat meeting this week with a guy that I have never actually met. It was a really good meeting, because I had a really great love for the gospel built up within me and I was talking to him to get to know him, and it was really interesting because everything he mentioned about himself was making a connection in my head to the gospel. It was so neat because I was able to look at him and thank him for sharing all that with me, and being lead by the spirit I said to him, “it is interesting because the message that we share has a lot to do with the experiences that you have had in your life.” I told him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and how it relates to his history. The purpose of the meeting was very clear; we were trying to help him towards baptism. It was nothing secret, It was so neat because that is how a meeting is supposed to be, it just felt so right and pure, and he was very open and excepting of what we had to say. When you put boldness and a love of the gospel together with an open heart you will see an individual progress towards baptism. That was a really good learning experience for me. I learned that we need to have our focus always on baptism, and to allow the spirit to lead the discussion. What a wonderful experience to see an open heart accept the words that were coming from the spirit. That meeting really humbled me, and now it is my duty to take what I have learned and apply it to every lesson, contact, and aspect of missionary work.

I was looking back the other day on what miracles that I have seen since serving as a missionary, and I found that there are many things that I have been so privileged to see since serving and amongst all the cool little stories the thing that probably means the most to me is that I have seen my family as a whole take huge strides in coming closer the Lord through missionary work. It touches me so much that my family is serving right along side of me. I am so indebted to the Lord for the most beautiful blessing that I have ever received from him, which is the blessing of a family that is so loving, so willing to serve, and so obedient to everything that they have been asked to do. That is my family! I want to thank you for raising me in the gospel, thank you for the lessons you taught me, for spending time with me, for helping me up when I struggled, for never giving up, and for always being living examples of what you believe. I'm going to commit myself to working harder this week so feel free to follow-up on me next week.

I can't express my gratitude for you all. I love you and i will be talking to you next week, so take care until then. Let me know how the Sundae party went. And also the Pass along card activity.
Love you family,Az se napiseme zase, Until we write again.Your one and only son, Elder morgan nowland