Feb 18, 2010

Feb 18, 2010
Thanks to all the friends who showed up at the airport - we were so surprised to find out how many have been following the blog for 2 years. You all are great!

Elder Nowland and His Friends

Elder Nowland and His Friends
We've Been waiting for you.

06 May 2008

5 May 2008

Hey Family, Here is what Happened this to Start, Or at least the Highlight.

It's so difficult to know that we have something that is so amazing for eveybody and then to see people just leave as if it were nothing. We have to increase our finding efforts so that we can bring those who are prepared into the Gospel. So that is what we have been doing, but its just hard because we haven't had much luck lately...I think after a week of sincere searching and talking with people we only got two numbers. Although inspite of all these things all i can do is pray for more strength and faith and just keep on keeping on. That is the way of a missionary! Have Faith And Keep on. I am super excited to gain more experience and to be able to teach and preach and work....as Missionaries do. I dont know, This is just an exciting work and I'm looking forward to seeing the church grow by leaps and bounds.
Oh, cool experience though, Elder Turner and myself were at the building waiting for our investigator to show, he was someone that Elder Turner contacted while on exchanges. It was about 15 minutes after 6. Our meeting was scheduled for 6 so we were deciding to leave when Elder Turner had to use the restroom...I was thinking oh no what will I do if our investigator comes while Elder Turner is away, just as i was thinking that a man sort of apprehensively comes walking up to the door, so i let him in not knowing what our investigator looks like...We'll the man tells me that he is Self-investigating the church and that he wants a Book of Mormon in czech because he went to the library and all they had were copies in english so i gave him one. Then, Best Part Yet! He asks me if he can come to Church on Sunday....Im thinking to myself [WOW!] and what did i say,....Of Course you Can! So i Tell him the Times and that I will Keep an eye out for him and find him on Sunday....At that time Elder Turner Comes back and we have ourselves a new Potential investigator. Well He Comes to church and, We now have a lesson set up with him for Sunday at 6. It was truly the work of God. I am so Blessed to be a part of this work, it is absolutely wonderful. So Things are Going Well. I can See the light at the end of the Tunnel!

Now For Questions

Did you get the package I sent? Not Yet
Did it have everything in it? Ja nevim je¹tì - I dont know yet
Have you found a new backpack yet? nope i will be getting one today though
What brand and color did you get? It will Probably be a Deuter
Have you bought any cool ties yet? Nope Not Yet, I will be doinng that today (Hopefully ) as well
How is it going with your investigators? Yes and No...We have a hard time meeting with any one investigator more than once a week. I will Keep you updated

Are there anymore details regarding MY mother's day call? "ICW" (I can't wait) Basically it is what i already sent you. They havent given us any new information...just to have you call at the time i told you before which was like 1 o'clock(7 o'clock my time), elder turners parents are calling at 9 our time, and we have 1 hour to talk. i gave you the number you need to dial, the last 6 numbers are the numbers that reach our actual phone.

But yeah have questions ready to ask me, and it will be good!!! yay! Im excited ! It will be fun.

I Got a letter from Erin the other day and im sending a bunch of letters today,...but i have not heard from Kailey, and i sent her a letter right when i got here in Prague so its been a month...Im not worried about it...Shelby and Erin write to me so that is good.

I'm curious how the house has changed, oh let me know what your plans are about selling the house? I'm having Fun, Prague Is Beautiful! We will definatley come in the Spring. It is a little before tourism hits like crazy...so it will be good

I love you bunches, I will be on the computer for another 30 min or so...so ask questions if you need.

With Love,
Your one and only Son

Star¹i Morgan Nowland